Serves: 4 people
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time:40 minutes
1. Pre-heat the oven 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
2. Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil.
3. Season with salt and add the olive oil.
4. Add the pasta and the onion.
5. Cook the pasta as per pack instructions, then drain.
6. Mix the tuna with the pasta and onion.
7. Add the pasta sauce, basil and a pinch of black pepper. Stir to combine.
8. Put the mixture into a large ceramic dish.
9. Make the cheese sauce by melting butter in a saucepan, then add flour and stir well. Slowly add the milk, then whisk until its a smooth and creamy consistency.
10. On a gentle heat, bring the sauce to the boil, stirring thoroughly until thick. Add 450g of the grated cheese, season with salt and pepper and stir until the cheese has melted. Then pour the cheese sauce over the pasta.
11. Sprinkle over the remaining cheese.
12. Bake in the pre-heated oven for 40 minutes.