Prep: 30 min
● 1½-pounds sweet potatoes, scrubbed and cut into ½-inch chunks
● 3 tablespoons olive oil
● 1 small onion, minced
● Salt and pepper, to taste
● Paprika or chopped fresh rosemary (optional)
1. In a medium stockpot, cover the cubed sweet potatoes with water and bring to a boil. Cook just until tender, about 5 minutes of boiling. Drain. See Ann’s Tips for a microwave method.
2. Meanwhile, in a wide skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the onions have softened and caramelized. Remove the onions from the pan and set aside.
3. In the same skillet, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Add the drained sweet potatoes, salt, pepper, and paprika or rosemary and cook without stirring for 5 minutes. When browned, turn the potatoes and cook for another 5 minutes or until well browned.
4. Add the caramelized onion, stir and cook for another 3 minutes. Serve with Scrambled Eggs.