Ready in 45 Minutes
● 350g Spinach
● 25g butter
● 25g plain flour
● 300ml semi-skimmed milk
● 100g Mature Cheddar Cheese
● 2 tsp Coarse Grain Mustard
● 4 large eggs
● crusty bread
1. Preheat the oven to 190C/170C Fan/Gas 5. Rinse the spinach and drain. Cook the spinach in a large pan, without adding water, until it wilts. Drain in a colander, pressing with the back of a large spoon to extract as much water as possible. Chop.
2. Melt the butter in a small pan, stir in the flour. Cook, stirring all the time, over a low heat and whisk in the milk. Bring to the boil, whisking all the time, and simmer for 1 minute.
3. Remove from the heat, stir in the cheese, mustard and chopped spinach, and season well. Transfer to a ovenproof dish.
4. Make four holes in the surface. Break the eggs one at a time into a cup and gently tip them into the holes. Bake for about 20 minutes or until the whites are set.
5. Serve with crusty bread.
Each 271g serving contains 318KCAL