Ready in 2 Hour(s)
● 14 medium eggs
● Flour, for sprinkling
● 454g Sausages or sausage meat
● 50g butter, melted
● 200g fresh white breadcrumbs
1. Pre-heat the oven to 190C/170C Fan/Gas 5. Put 12 eggs in a pan, cover with cold water and partially cover the pan with a lid. Heat until simmering, then simmer for 6 minutes. Drain immediately, put under cold running water until the eggs are cold, then shell.
2. Lightly dust a work surface with flour. Remove the skin from each sausage. In the work surface, pat each portion of sausage meat into an oval shape about 11cm x 6cm. Wrap around the eggs to cover them completely.
3. Beat the remaining eggs and mix with the butter. Put in a shallow dish. Put the breadcrumbs in another dish. Coat the Scotch eggs in the egg, then roll in the breadcrumbs to cover completely.
4. Put on a baking tray and bake for 30-35 minutes, turning halfway through.
5. Leave until cold. Cut into halves or quarters to serve.
Each 164g serving contains 352KCAL