Ready in 45 Minutes
● 400ml can reduced-fat coconut milk
● 4 chicken breast fillets
● 1 stem lemongrass
● 2 chillies
● Zest of 1 lime, plus 5 tbsp lime juice
● 2 tbsp Thai Fish Sauce
● 2 level tsp sugar, plus 1 level tbsp for the dressing
● 1 tbsp groundnut oil
● 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
● Romaine lettuce leaves
● 1/4 cucumber
● 1 small fresh pineapple
● 2 carrots
● 4 spring onions
● 25g roasted salted peanuts, roughly chopped, lime wedges and fresh coriander, to serve
1. Put the coconut milk in a pan with the chicken breasts. Remove the tough outer leaves from the lemongrass and bash it with a rolling pin .
2. Halve one of the chillies and add to the pan with the lemongrass, lime zest, 2 tbsp of the lime juice, 1 tbsp of the fish sauce, 2 level tsp caster sugar and 100ml water
3. Bring to the boil, cover the pan and poach gently for 25 minutes. Leave to cool, then remove the chicken fillets and shred.
4. To make the dressing, whisk together the oil and soy sauce with the rest of the fish sauce and lime juice, plus 1 level tbsp caster sugar. Finely chop the remaining chilli and add to the dressing
5. Put the lettuce leaves on plates with the chicken, cucumber, pineapple slices, carrot batons and spring onions. Sprinkle with the chopped peanuts. Drizzle on the dressing and serve with lime wedges and sprigs of fresh coriander.
Each 477g serving contains 468KCAL