15mins to prepare
30mins to cook
• 400g organic carrots with tops
• 2tbsp olive oil
• 1 clove of organic garlic, chopped
• zest and juice of 1 organic lemon
• 20g fresh tarragon, trimmed and chopped
• 50g organic butter, softened
• 4 organic chicken breast fillets with skins on
• freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 190˚C, Gas Mark 5.
2. Scrub the carrots clean and trim off the tops, then place them in a large roasting tin. Add the oil, garlic, lemon juice, a third of the tarragon and plenty of salt and freshly ground black pepper, toss well to mix.
3. Mix the butter with the lemon zest, remaining tarragon and some more black pepper. Divide the butter into four portions; use your fingers to push each quarter under the skin of a chicken breast fillet.
4. Lay the chicken breasts skin-side up on top of the carrots and bake for 25–30 minutes until the carrots are lightly charred and the chicken is golden and cooked through, with no pink showing. Serve with green vegetables and new potatoes.
340 calories / serving