Prep: 20 – 30 min
Main Ingredient: Eggs
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 Roma tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz) can chick peas, drained ( see Ann’s Tips)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese, optional
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Saute onion and garlic until soft, about five minutes. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, mix chopped tomato and chickpeas. Add onions and season with salt and pepper.
4. On a sheet tray line 12, 3 inch ramekin dishes. Spoon the chickpea mixture evenly into all ramekin dishes, leaving a little room at the top of each. You can also use a lined muffin tin.
5. Crack an egg on top of each individual ramekin dish. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
Bake in oven for 18-20 minutes or until egg white springs back when touched.
6. If desired, sprinkle a little cheddar cheese on each dish prior to serving. Serve warm or at room temperature.