Ready in 35 Minutes
● 500g chicken breast fillets, cut into bite-sized pieces
● 4 tbsp Tandoori Spice Curry Powder
● 4 tbsp Natural Yogurt
● 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
● 1 tbsp sunflower oil
● 5 cardamon pods, squashed
● 1 cinnamon stick
● 2 garlic cloves, chopped
● 2 tsp freshly grated root ginger
● 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
● 200ml passata
● 200ml coconut milk
● 2 tsp garam masala
● 200gm basmati rice
● Fresh coriander leaves
1. In a large dish, mix the chicken with the tandoori powder, yogurt and lemon juice. Cover and leave to marinate for 3 hours.
2. Preheat the oven to 200C/200C Fan/Gas 7. Line a baking tray with nonstick baking paper and place the chicken on top, (reserve the marinade). Cook until brown.
3. Heat the oil in pan, add the cardamom pods and cinnamon stick, cook for 1 minute over a high heat.
4. Reduce the heat to medium and add the garlic, ginger and onion. Cook until the onion is soft.
5. Mix in the reserved marinade, passata and coconut milk. Bring to the boil. Add the chicken and stir in the garam masala, then cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
6. Cook the rice as instructed.
7. Sprinkle the chicken with coriander leaves and serve with the rice.
Each 385g serving contains 533KCAL