Brandy Pumpkin Ice Cream
Makes 1 litre
- 125g pumpkin puree (canned)
- 150 ml condensed milk
- 300 ml double cream
- 1 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 3 tbsp brandy
- Combine the pumpkin purée and condensed milk in a bowl, and stir to mix.
- Add the cream and whisk until it begins to thicken. (With heavy-cream, whisk your heavy-cream in a separate bowl until it reaches soft peaks, then whisk in the condensed milkmixture and continue whisking until thickened.
- Grate the nutmeg over the ice cream and whisk in the brandy as you pour it in a slow trickle.
- Place into an airtight container or containers and freeze overnight. Take it out of the freezer for 10 minutes to soften before serving.