Ready in 1 Hour
● 400g potatoes
● 250g smoked cod fillet, skinned
● 250g cod fillet, skinned
● 300ml semi-skimmed milk
● 160g baby spinach
● 325g frozen peas
● 25g butter, plus extra for greasing
● 25g flour
● 75g extra-mature Cheddar, grated
● 5 sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
● 60g fresh breadcrumbs
● 25g sunflower seeds
1. Pre-heat the oven to 190C/170C Fan/Gas 5. Boil the potatoes until soft. Drain, then slice thickly once cooled
2. Put the fish in a pan with the milk and heat gently until simmering. Partially cover and cook gently for another 8 minutes. Drain, and reserve the milk. Break the fish into chunks, Making sure you remove any bones.
3. Stir-fry the spinach in a dry, non-stick frying pan until it wilts. Set aside. Boil the peas for 4 minutes. Drain and set aside.
4. Melt the butter in a small pan. Remove from the heat and stir in the flour. Gradually stir in the reserved milk, and then return to the heat.
5. Whisk until boiling and thickened. Remove from the heat and stir in 2/3 of the cheese, the tomatoes, peas and fish.
6. Grease an ovenproof dish and cover the base with the sliced potatoes. Add the fish mix and top with the spinach.
7. Mix the crumbs with the seeds and remaining cheese. Sprinkle on top and bake for 30 minutes.
Each 474 g serving contains 516 KCAL