Traditional sweet & sour chicken
Ready in 25 Minutes
- 227g can Pineapple Chunks in Juice
- 2 level tbsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
- 3 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 level tbsp caster sugar
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 500g Chicken Thigh Fillets
- 2 red peppers
- 150g carrots, cut into batons
- 155g mangetout, halved
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- 225g can Water Chestnuts, drained
- Rice, to serve
- Drain the pineapple juice into a bowl; put the fruit to one side. Mix 4 tbsp of the juice with the cornflour to make a paste. Add the rest of the juice, soy sauce, ketchup, vinegar and sugar, then stir into a smooth sauce. Make up to 275ml with cold water.
- Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a wok, add the chicken and stir-fry until cooked through.
- Push the meat to one side of the wok. Add the rest of the oil, the peppers, carrots and mangetout. Stir-fry for 3 minutes. Add the pineapple, spring onions and water chestnuts, then stir-fry for another 2 minutes.
- Stir in the sauce until it boils and thickens. Serve with rice.