20 mins to
20 mins to cook
● 500g ripe tomatoes, peeled and chopped
● 200g light sugar
● 150ml cider vinegar
● 2 large onions, finely chopped
● 2tbsp wholegrain mustard
● slices of white bread to serve
1. Place the tomato, sugar, cider vinegar, onions, mustard and seasoning in a large saucepan and bring to the boil. Stir occasionally, making sure that the sugar has dissolved.
2. Boil for 25-30 minutes until thickened, then remove from the heat and allow to cool.
3. When ready to serve, toast the bread and cut into slices. Spoon the chutney into serving pots and serve with the toast slices.
211 calories / serving