Serves: Makes 8 to 10 biscuits
Prep: 20 – 30 min
Main Ingredient: Whole Wheat
● 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour (See Ann’s Tips)
● 2 teaspoons baking powder
● 3 tablespoons cane sugar
● ½ teaspoon sea salt
● 6 tablespoons (3-ounces) very cold butter, cut into ½-inch cubes
● 1 cup chopped ripe strawberries
● ⅔ cup plain Greek yogurt*
● 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In the bottom of a large bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt together. Add the butter, and using your fingertips or a pastry blender rub or cut the butter into the flour, until the dough resembles a crumbly meal, with some pea-sized pieces of butter.
3. Add the strawberries and gently toss to coat the strawberries in flour. With a spatula, stir in the yogurt and milk, until mostly absorbed. Knead one or two times to form a dough.
4. Transfer to a light floured surface and form into disc about 2-inches thick. Cut into 8 to 10 pieces. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet.
5. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the edges are golden and the strawberries have broken down and become juicy. Cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack. Serve warm or at room temperature. Once cooled, store in an airtight container or freeze.