Ready in 1 Hour(s) 15 Minutes
● 500g pack ready-to-roll shortcrust pastry
● Flour, for rolling out
● 180g Baby Spinach
● 125g Plain Soft Cheese
● 100ml single cream
● 3 large eggs
● 125g Blue Stilton Cheese
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6.
2. Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface to the thickness of a one pound coin. Use to line a 23cm flan case and prick the base with a fork. Chill for 15 minutes.
3. Remove from the fridge, lay a piece of foil inside the pastry case and weigh down with baking beans or dry rice. Bake for 10 minutes then remove the foil and beans or rice and return to the oven for 5 minutes.
4. Stir-fry spinach in a wok for 3-4 minutes. Tip into a colander and press with the back of a wooden spoon to remove as much liquid as possible. Leave to cool enough to handle, and then squeeze with your hands to extract more liquid. Chop roughly.
5. Put the soft cheese and cream in a bowl and whisk until smooth. Add the eggs and whisk until evenly blended. Season well.
6. Sprinkle the cheese in the flan case and top with spinach. Pour on the cream and egg mixture. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until the filling is lightly set.
Each 155g serving contains 463KCAL