Prep: 15 min
Main Ingredient: Eggs
● 5 large eggs
● 1 tablespoon finely chopped scallion, white and light green parts only
● Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
● 1 teaspoon plus 1 tablespoon olive oil or butter
● 4 cups loosely packed spinach leaves, washed and roughly chopped
● ½ cup ricotta cheese
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, scallion, a generous pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper.
2. In a wide skillet, heat 1 teaspoon of oil or butter, over medium-high heat. Add the spinach and cook, stirring, until just wilted, about 1 minute. Pour the spinach into a colander, and press to let liquid drain.
3. In the same skillet, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil or butter over medium-low heat. Add the egg mixture, and stir continuously with a heatproof spatula. Cook, stirring for 2 minutes, then add in the drained spinach and stir for another minute. The eggs should be just cooked. Turn off the heat and stir in the ricotta. Taste for salt and serve immediately with whole grain toast.