Prep: 15 min
Main Ingredient: Eggs
● 4 cups baby spinach, rinsed
● Salt and pepper, to taste
● 4 large eggs
● 2 teaspoons grape seed oil, divided
● 2-ounces cheese, divided
● 2 tablespoons chopped scallions, chives or flat-leaf parsley, divided
1. In a saucepan with a lid, add ¼ cup of cold water, a pinch of salt, and the baby spinach. Cover and cook over medium-high heat until the spinach has wilted, about 1 to 2 minutes. Drain and squeeze out as much water and you can. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs with 1 tablespoon of water, salt, and pepper to taste.
3. Heat the oil in small non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add half the eggs, and cook without stirring until the eggs begin to set.
4. Using a rubber spatula, lift the edges of the omelet and tilt the pan, so the uncooked eggs flow to the edges the pan and underneath the omelet.
5. Sprinkle one side of the omelet with half the amount of cheese, wilted spinach, and scallions. Fold the un-topped side of the omelet over the cheesy side. Cook until the inside of the omelet has set and cheese is beginning to melt, about 1 minute.
6. Remove from pan. Make another omelet in the same way with the remaining eggs, spinach, cheese, and scallions. Serve with a piece of toast.