Ready in 2 Hour
● 5 rashers streaky bacon, roughly chopped
● 25g butter
● 2 medium leeks, trimmed, halved and sliced
● 1 tbsp plain flour
● 600ml hot chicken stock
● 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
● 1 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
● 700g pack chicken boneless thigh fillets, each cut in three
● 400g can butter beans, drained
● 350g medium-sized potatoes
1. Cook the bacon until crispy,and set aside. Add half the butter and the leeks to the pan and cook over a low heat until soft. Stir in the flour.
2. Gradually add 400ml stock, stirring, and bring to a simmer. Add the herbs and season.
3. Mix together the chicken, bacon, butter beans, stock and leeks in a casserole dish.
4. Pre-heat the oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas 4. Slice the potatoes, and then overlap them in circles on top. Dot the top of the hotpot with the rest of the butter and cover loosely with foil. Cook in the oven for 1 hour and 10 minutes, then remove the foil and return to the oven and cook for a further 20 minutes.
Each 521g serving contains 555KCAL