Ready in** 55 Minutes
Ingredients: ● 1.1kg pack chicken drumsticks
● 1 onion, chopped
● 2 tbsp olive oil
● 90g Chorizo
● 2 red peppers
● 2 cloves garlic
● 1 level tsp smoked paprika
● pinch of saffron
● 400g Paella Rice
● 50ml white wine (optional)
● 1.5 litre hot chicken stock
● 250g frozen peas
● 500g Seafood Selection
● 15 green olives
Method: 1. Make a few cuts in the fleshy side of each drumstick. Roast at 190C/170C Fan/Gas 5 for 30 minutes – turning occasionally.
2. Cook the onion until soft. Add the chorizo and peppers and cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the peppers soften. Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
3. Stir in the paprika and saffron. Add the rice and stir until it’s well coated by the other ingredients. Stir in the wine, if using, and cook for another minute.
4. Pour in 500ml of the hot stock and simmer briskly, stirring occasionally, until it’s almost absorbed.
5. Add the drumsticks and another 500ml of the stock, then simmer again, stirring occasionally, until the stock is almost absorbed.
6. Add the rest of the stock and the peas. Cook for a further 5 minutes.
7. Add the seafood and the olives, then until the chicken and seafood are cooked through and the rice is tender.