Prep: 15 min
Main Ingredient: Eggs
● 1 tablespoon olive oil
● 1 medium stalk of scallions, white and light green parts only, chopped
● 2 cups washed and chopped greens, such as kale, escarole, chard or bok choy
● ½ cup leftover grain, such as farro, quinoa, barley, brown rice
● 3 eggs, lightly whisked
● Salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a sauté pan, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Add the scallions and cook for 3 minutes. Add the greens, sprinkle with salt and cook, until wilted.
2. Stir in the leftover grains, eggs, a little more salt, and pepper. Scramble until the eggs are set. Serve immediately.