Ready in 30 Minutes
● 1 onion, chopped
● 1 sweet red pepper, de-seeded and sliced
● 2 tbsp olive oil
● 390g Chopped Tomatoes
● 3 level tsp dried oregano
● 4 tbsp tomato ketchup
● 400 g Tuna Steaks (fresh or frozen may be used)
● 50g stale bread
● 1 medium egg, beaten
● 350 g spaghetti
● 25 g Parmesan, grated
1. Cook the chopped onion and pepper in a pan with half the oil until just soft. Add the tomatoes, 2 tsp of the oregano and 3 tbsp water. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
2. Add the ketchup and blend together with a hand-held blender until almost smooth. Season.
3. Cut the tuna and bread into small pieces and put in a bowl with the rest of the oregano. Season and blend until the tuna is finely chopped. Add enough egg to bind the mixture together and then shape into 16 balls.
4. Heat the rest of the oil in a large frying pan and cook the tuna balls a few at a time, turning often, until they change colour all over.
5. Add the tuna balls to the sauce and simmer gently for 10 minutes.
6. Add the spaghetti to a pan of boiling water and bring back to the boil. Simmer for until just tender. Drain and top with the tuna balls and sauce. Add Parmesan before serving.