10 mins to prepare
1 hr 20 mins to cook
• 1.5-2kg Organic chicken
• 3 tbsp olive oil
• 3 large Organic tomatoes on the vine, cut into quarters
• 2 Organic courgettes, cut into thick batons
• 1 Organic pepper (any colour) cut into 6-8 wedges
• 2 small or 1 large Organic red onion, cut into wedges
• 6 Organic garlic cloves
• 3 bay leaves
• 3 sprigs thyme
• 2 sprigs rosemary
1. Preheat the oven to gas 5, 190˚C, fan 170˚C. Put the chicken, breast-side-up, in a large roasting tin. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
2. Put the chicken in the oven and roast for 45 minutes. Meanwhile, in a bowl, toss the chopped tomatoes, courgette, pepper and onions with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, add the herbs and toss again.
3. Remove the chicken from the oven and add the vegetables to the tin. Return to the oven for 20 minutes. Increase the temperature to gas 7, 220˚C, fan 200˚C, and cook for 15 minutes more until the chicken is golden, cooked through and the juices run clear when a skewer is inserted.
4. Turn off the oven and remove the chicken from the tin. Tent it in foil, and rest for 15 minutes. Leave the veg in the oven to keep warm then, when ready, serve with the carved chicken.
650 calories / serving