Serves: Makes 1 loaf
Prep: 30 min
Main Ingredient: Bananas
● 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
● ¾ cup dark brown sugar
● ¾ teaspoon baking soda
● ½ teaspoon salt
● ⅓ cup olive oil
● 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
● 2 cups mashed ripe banana, about 4 large
● ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
● 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan, set aside.
2. In a large bowl sift together the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt.
3. In a separate medium bowl mix the olive oil, eggs, mashed banana, Greek yogurt, and vanilla until well blended.
4. Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the banana mixture. Stir together with a wooden spoon.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool on a rack, for 20 minutes then remove from pan.