Prep: 20 – 30 min
● 1 tablespoon olive oil
● 2 cloves garlic, sliced
● 2 cups diced portabella mushrooms
● 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
● 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
● Salt and pepper, to taste
● 4 slices of whole grain bread, toasted (use white bread if on bland, low-fiber diets)
● ¼ cup soft goat or cream cheese, divided
● 4 soft boiled eggs
1. In a wide skillet with a tight fitting lid, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook for 3 minutes or until fragrant and beginning to turn golden.
2. Add the mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, chopped oregano and a sprinkling of salt and pepper. Cover and cook for 5 minutes. Uncover and stir, and cook for another 2 minutes. Taste for seasoning. Turn off the heat and let sit until ready to serve.
3. Evenly spread 1 tablespoon of goat or cream cheese on each of the pieces of toast. Top with the mushroom mixture, then a soft boiled egg. Serve immediately.