Prep: 15 min
Main Ingredient: Eggs
● 4 slices (nitrate-free) turkey bacon, small dice and cooked until crisp (See Ann’s Tips)
● 1 tablespoon olive oil
● 2 small shallots, small dice
● ½ cup kale, shredded
● 3 whole eggs
● 3 egg whites
● ¼ cup milk
● ½ cup Swiss cheese, shredded
● 1 teaspoon salt
● ½ teaspoon pepper
● cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a small sauté pan heat oil over a medium high flame. Add shallot and sauté until soft, about 1 minutes. Remove from pan and add kale. Sauté until soft about 4 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool.
3. Place a 24 mini muffin tin in the preheated oven on a middle shelf. Let the pan preheat in the oven for about 10 minutes.
4. Whisk together eggs, egg whites, milk, cheese, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
5. Remove hot muffin in from the oven. Spray the pan well with cooking spray. Using a small ladle, fill each of the moulds in the muffin tin about half full with the egg mixture. Place a few pieces of turkey bacon, shallot and kale in each one. Top to cover with more egg.
6. Bake in oven for 5 minutes or until the egg is set and the top is golden brown