Ready in 30 Minutes
• 4 wooden skewers
• 1 apple
• 600g pack Lamb Mince
• 6 mint leaves
• 1/2 tsp Minced Garlic
• 1/2 level tsp ground cumin
• 1/2 level tsp ground coriander
• 4 pitta breads
• 1/3 300g jar Raita
• Lettuce, to serve
• Cucumber, to serve
• Cherry tomatoes, to serve
1. Soak the skewers in cold water for about an hour, or you can make the koftas without skewers. Grate the apple, discarding the core. Squeeze the apple to remove excess juice. Put in a mixing bowl with the mince.
2. Cut the mint into tiny pieces. Add to the lamb.
3. Add the minced garlic, cumin and coriander.
4. Mix all the ingredients together, using your hands. Shape the mixture into 16 rugby ball-shaped koftas.
5. Thread four koftas onto each skewer.
6. Cook the koftas on a medium heat for 5-7 minutes, turning until cooked through. This can be done on a grill, griddle or barbecue. Or cook them in the oven at 190C/170C Fan/Gas 5 for 15 minutes.
7. Sprinkle drops of water on the pittas and grill for 1-2 minutes until they puff up. Cut in half and open out to make pockets. Put koftas in each half. Serve with raita and salad