20mins to prepare
2hrs to cook
Ingredients: ● 800g lamb cutlets boned
● 2tbsp vegetable oil
● 500g potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
● 2 onions
● 150g carrots, chopped
● 2 leeks, sliced
● 100g pearl barley
● 750ml lamb stock
● ¼ of cabbage, sliced
● sea salt and freshly ground pepper
Method: 1. Pre-heat the oven to 160 C.
2. In a large frying pan heat a tablespoon of the oil. Add the lamb cutlets, and fry until brown.
3. Remove the lamb and place in a lidded casserole pan, cover with the potatoes, onions, leeks, carrots, pearl barley and season.
4. Add the stock and cook in the oven with the lid on for one hour. Add the cabbage and cook for a further hour adding more stock, if required. Serve piping hot from the oven.
Nutritional Info: 603 calories / serving