Ready in 1 Hour 15 Minutes
Ingredients: ● 150g chestnut mushrooms
● 250g thick-cut gammon steak
● 50g butter
● 25g plain flour
● 250ml chicken stock
● 5 tbsp single cream
● 350g chicken, cooked
● 250g ready-to-roll puff pastry (or shortcrust pastry)
Method: 1. Halve the mushrooms and cut the gammon into bite-sized pieces. Cook in a pan with 25g butter for 5 minutes. Transfer to a pie dish.
2. Melt 25g butter in the pan and stir in the plain flour. Cook for 1 minute.
3. Add the chicken stock and whisk until boiling and smooth. Add the single cream and pour the sauce into the pie dish, and allow to cool.
4. Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces. Add to the pie dish.
5. Roll out the pastry to cover the pie. Cut the left overs into 1cm strips. Dampen the edge of the pie dish and lay the strips on it. Dampen the strips and the pastry lid on top. Press the rim lightly to seal, and then make a hole in the middle.
6. Brush the top of the pie with beaten egg and cook in the oven at 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6 for 25 minutes.
Nutritional Info: Each 331g serving contains 682KCAL