20 mins to prepare
40 mins to cook
● 100g (4oz) soft butter
● handful fresh parsley, finely chopped
● handful fresh chives, finely chopped
● 6 large cloves garlic, crushed
● zest 2 lemons, grated
● sea salt
● freshly ground black pepper
● 4 large chicken breasts, boned and skinned
● 3tbsp gluten and wheat-free flour, seasoned
● 4 medium eggs
● 4 chunky slices of gluten free bread, crumbed
● cocktail sticks
● potatoes, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 6, 200°C, fan 180°C.
2. In a bowl, mix together the butter, parsley, chives, garlic, lemon peel and seasoning. Roll into four sausages and freeze. With a sharp knife, slice the chicken breasts almost in half horizontally so as to form a pocket. Open them up, lay over some clingfilm or parchment, and flatten them with a mallet or rolling pin. Set aside until the butter is nearly frozen.
3. Lay open the breasts. Place one of the rolls of frozen butter down the middle of each then fold over the breast and secure as tightly with cocktail sticks. Carefully roll each breast in the seasoned flour, making sure it is well covered, then in the beaten egg and then in the breadcrumbs. Roll for a second time in the egg and a second time in the breadcrumbs.
4. Place the chicken breasts on a rack in the oven and cook for 40 minutes until the chicken in cooked through, with no pink showing. Serve with green vegetables and rice or potatoes
501 calories / serving