15 mins to prepare
35 mins to cook
Ingredients: ● 2 sweet potatoes
● olive oil
● sea salt
● 50g (2oz) ground almonds
● 11/2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
● 1/2 lemon, zested
● 2 x cod or sea bass fillets
● 1 egg, beaten
Method: 1. Preheat oven to gas 5, 190°C, fan 170°C.
2. Cut the sweet potatoes in half lengthways and then each half in wedges about 2.5cm (1in) wide. Drizzle over enough olive oil to coat, then sprinkle over some sea salt. Roast in the oven for about 30–35 minutes until cooked through.
3. Combine the ground almonds, parsley and lemon zest, and season with salt and pepper. Coat the fish with the beaten egg, lie in the almond mixture and coat well.
4. About 10 minutes before the sweet potato wedges are done, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large pan over a low-medium heat. Fry the fish for 3-4 minutes on each side until cooked through and golden. Don’t have the heat too high or it will burn the almond crust before the fish is cooked.
5. Serve immediately with the sweet potato wedges and mayonnaise
Nutritional Info: 665 calories / serving