Prep: 20 – 30 min
Main Ingredient: Fennel
Ingredients: ● 2 cups Basmati rice
● 4 cups low-sodium chicken or vegetable stock
● 6 cups water
● 1 medium fennel bulb (about 2 cups) chopped
● 2 cups frozen peas.
● 4 eggs, hard boiled, peeled and quartered
● ¼ cup fennel fronds, chopped (optional)
- In a large pot, combine rice, chicken stock, water and fennel. Place the pot on the stove, set to medium heat.
- Bring the rice to a simmer and cover. Cook stirring occasionally for about 45 minutes or until the rice has absorbed most of the liquid and looks soupy. Stir in the peas, cook the porridge for a minute to thaw them. Remove from the heat and check for salt.
- Serve garnished with wedges of egg, and a sprinkle of fennel fronds.