Ready in 1 Hour 15 Minutes
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 250g chestnut mushrooms
- 1 leek
- 625g chicken breast fillets (without skin)
- 300ml chicken stock
- 1 level tbsp mixed dried herbs
- 375g Shortcrust Pastry
- Flour, for rolling out
- 1 medium free range egg
- 2 level tsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp crème fraîche
- Broccoli, to serve
- Boiled potatoes to serve
Method: 1. Pre-heat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6. Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan. Cook the mushrooms and leek for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Transfer to a saucepan.
2. Add the chicken to the frying pan and cook until it changes colour on all sides. Add to the saucepan with the stock and herbs. Cover the pan and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove the lid and simmer for another 7-10 minutes.
3. Unroll the pastry and give it an extra roll. Cut out pieces of pastry to fit the tops of the four individual baking dishes then place on a baking tray and brush with egg. Bake until golden.
4. When the chicken is cooked, mix the cornflour with 2 tbsp cold water, stir into the pan and bring back to simmer. Stir in the crème fraîche and simmer for 1 minute.
5. Divide the filling between the baking dishes and top each with a piece of pastry. Serve with broccoli and potatoes.
Nutritional Info: Each 469g serving contains 731 KCAL