40 mins to make, plus chilling
Ingredients: 40g (1 1/2oz) unsalted butter, softened
2 large garlic clove, crushed
2 tbsp flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
2 large chicken breasts
plain flour (seasoned), for dusting
1 egg, beaten
75g (3oz) fresh breadcrumbs
2 tbsp vegetable oil
Method: 1. Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C.
2. In a bowl, mash the butter, garlic and parsley with a fork, until combined; season well. Put the butter onto a piece of clingfilm, and then roll it up into a short cylinder. Chill for at least 1 hour, or freeze for 15 minutes.
3. Put the chicken breasts between two pieces of clingfilm and bash with a rolling pin, until completely flattened.
4. Divide the flavoured butter mixture into two smaller rolls and put one in the middle of each flattened chicken breast.
5. Wrap the chicken around the butter, making sure the sides overlap. Chill, seam side down, on a plate for at least 10 minutes.
6. Put the seasoned flour, egg and breadcrumbs into three separate shallow bowls. Dust the chicken parcels in the flour, and then dip them in the beaten egg, followed by the breadcrumbs, making sure they are well coated.
7. Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Fry the Kievs (seam side down first) for 5-7 minutes, turning frequently, until golden all over.
8. Transfer to a baking tray and bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes, until cooked through (cut into a thick portion) and check that it is cooked through, with no pink showing.
Nutritional Info: 601 calories / serving