Ready in 1 Hour(s)
Ingredients: ● 175g plain flour
● Pinch of salt
● 2 medium eggs
● 700ml semi-skimmed milk
● 1 tsp oil
● 360g Baby Spinach
● 50g butter
● Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg (optional)
● 150g cheese, grated
● 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
Method: 1. Pre-heat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6. Sift 125g flour and the salt into a bowl. Add the eggs and 300ml milk and whisk gently to make a smooth batter.
2. Lightly grease a non-stick frying pan with oil and heat until hot. Pour in enough batter to just cover the base thinly, swirling it to cover.
3. Cook until the base is lightly coloured, then flip over with a fish slice and cook the other side. Put on a plate. Repeat, greasing the pan when necessary, until you've used up all the batter.
4. Wash and drain the spinach. Stir-fry for 3-4 minutes until cooked. Tip into a colander and press with the back of a wooden spoon to extract as much liquid as possible. Then squeeze with your hands to get more out.
5. Melt the butter in a pan and stir in the rest of the flour. Cook, stirring, for a minute. Remove from the heat and gradually whisk in the rest of the milk until thickened. Simmer for 1 minute.
6. Add the nutmeg and season. Set aside a little of the cheeses, then add the rest to the sauce with the spinach. Split between the pancakes, rolling them up.
7. Put in an ovenproof dish, scatter on the tomatoes and reserved cheese. Season with black pepper and cook in the oven for 10 minutes.
Nutritional Info: Each 426g serving contains 556KCAL