Ready in 1 hour 35 mins
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 1 hour 10 mins
Extra time: 15 mins, soaking
Ingredients: Serves: 4 500g bread 500ml semi skimmed milk 200g dried mixed fruit 2 teaspoons mixed spice (or cinnamon at Christmas) 2 medium eggs 100g melted butter 100g caster sugar 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Grease a 20cm (8 in) square tin.
- Soak the bread in a mixing bowl with the milk for 15 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and squish together by hand. Put the mixture in the tin.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and leave in the tin to cool down.
Tip Sprinkle a generous amount of granulated sugar over the top whilst warm. http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/29143/print-friendly.aspx