Ready in 1 hour 35 mins
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 1 hour 10 mins
Extra time: 15 mins, soaking
500ml semi skimmed milk
200g dried mixed fruit
2 teaspoons mixed spice (or cinnamon at Christmas)
2 medium eggs
100g melted butter
100g caster sugar
2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Grease a 20cm (8 in) square tin.
- Soak the bread in a mixing bowl with the milk for 15 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and squish together by hand. Put the mixture in the tin.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and leave in the tin to cool down.
Sprinkle a generous amount of granulated sugar over the top whilst warm.