Ready in1 Hour
● 600g cod loin or cod fillets
● 4 Large potatoes
● Sunflower oil, for frying
● 275g self-raising flour, plus extra for coating
● 375ml chilled lager
● Tartare sauce
● Salt and vinegar to serve
1. Pre-heat the oven to 150C/130C Fan/Gas 2. Line two baking trays with double thickness kitchen paper.
2. Cut the fish into 12 pieces. Peel the potatoes and cut into chunky. Put them in a bowl of cold water.
3. Fill a large pan or deep fryer one-third full with sunflower oil.
4. Sift the flour and a pinch of salt into a bowl and whisk in the lager to make a batter.
5. Dip four pieces of fish in flour to coat lightly. Then dip them in the batter to coat thickly. Cook them in oil for 8-10 minutes.
6. When the fish is cooked, add the chips to the oil in batches and cook until crisp and brown. Drain on kitchen paper, then serve with the fish, tartare sauce, salt and vinegar.
Each 470 g serving contains 674 KCAL