10 mins to prepare
20 mins to cook
Ingredients: ● 500g cooked basmati rice
● 50ml sunflower oil
● 150ml low-fat coconut milk
● 50g hazelnuts, halved
● 1 green chilli, de-seeded and sliced
Method: 1. preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. Combine the rice, coconut milk, hazelnuts and green chilli with some seasoning in a large mixing bowl. Mix gently with your hands to combine everything together. Shape into small burger-sized patties.
3. Heat the sunflower oil in a large frying pan over a moderate heat and fry the cakes, in batches, for 1-2 minutes on both sides until lightly coloured.
4. Transfer to a lined baking tray once golden and transfer to the oven to finish cooking for 5-7 minutes. Remove and serve stacked on a serving plate.
Nutritional Info: 337 calories