Ready in 45 Minutes
● 4 spring onions
● 1 tbsp olive oil
● 75g thick sliced cooked ham
● 4 Semi-Dried Tomatoes
● 100g Cheddar cheese
● 500g Shortcrust Pastry
● Flour for rolling out
● 2 large eggs
● 200ml single cream
1. Fry the spring onions in the oil for 2-3 minutes until soft but not coloured. Cut the ham and tomatoes into small pieces and grate the cheese.
2. Pre-heat the oven to 190C/170C Fan/Gas 5. Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface to the thickness of a £1 coin. Cut out 12 x 9cm or 10cm rounds with a cutter or bowl and put them into a 12-hole bun tin.
3. Put a little ham, tomato, spring onion and cheese in each pastry case.
4. Beat the eggs and cream in a bowl until evenly mixed. Season with black pepper then pour into a jug.
5. Carefully pour a small amount of the cream mixture into each case until it almost comes to the top. You may have leftovers, which you can freeze to make more quiches later.
6. Bake for 20 minutes or until the filling is puffed up and the pastry is cooked.
Each 92g serving contains 274KCAL