ARGULA AND AVACADO BREAKFAST SANDWICH
Prep: 15 min
Main Ingredient: Eggs
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 eggs
- 4 slices multigrain bread, toasted
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1 tablespoon pepitas (optional)
- In a small bowl, mix together yogurt, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Heat a greased non-stick pan on medium low heat. Crack and pour eggs into the pan. Cook until whites are set, flip and cook for 1 minute for a runny yolk, 3 minutes for a fully cooked yolk. Turn off the heat and let sit while assembling sandwich.
- Place 2 slices of bread on 2 plates. Spread an even layer of the yogurt sauce over the toast. Top with a portion of arugula, avocado and egg, and pepitas if using. Top with other slice of bread. Cut the sandwich down the middle and serve.