Prep: 15 min
Main Ingredient: Apples
- 3 cups water
- 2 bags chamomile tea
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 2 medium Gala Apples, peeled, cored and cut into wedges, about 8 per apple
1. In a saucepan over a medium high flame, bring the water to a boil. Once the water has begun boiling, turn off the heat. Add in the tea bags and let them steep for 3 - 5 minutes. Remove the bags.
2. Stir the agave into the tea and bring to a slow simmer over a medium flame.
3. Add the apples, lower the flame to medium low and gently simmer the apple slices until you can easily poke through them with a fork, about 10 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove apples from liquid. Set aside.
4. Raise the heat to medium high and reduce the remaining liquid to 1/3 cup. Gently spoon over the apples. Serve warm or at room temperature.