Prep: 30 min
Main Ingredient: Eggs
- 4 large eggs
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Saltand pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped scallions, white and light green parts only
- ½-pound steamed asparagus, cut into ½-inch pieces, tips reserved.
- 1 medium potatoboiled, cut into a ½-inch dice
- 2-ounce fresh goat cheeselog crumbled
- Olive oilor unsalted butter, as needed
Method: 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. 2. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs. Gradually beat in the water. Add the Parmesan, salt and pepper to taste. 3. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat, Sauté the scallions until soft. Put the scallion mixture into the egg mixture. 4. Grease the skillet with a little butter or olive oil. Arrange the reserved asparagus tips in the bottom of the pan. Set aside. 5. Mix the remaining cut asparagus and potato pieces into the eggs and herbs. Fold in the goat cheese. Carefully pour the egg mixture over the asparagus tips in the skillet. Put the skillet in the middle of the oven and bake until the frittata is set, about 35 to 40 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes in the pan. Turn the frittata out onto a plate to cool to room temperature. Serve with a simple green salad.