ALMOND CREPPES WITH CHERRIES AND YOGHURT
Prep: 20 – 30 min
Main Ingredient: Almonds
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¼ cup whole wheat pastry flour
- ¼ cup plus one tablespoon honey, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanillaextract
- pinch of salt
- coconut oil, for pan frying
- 1 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 pint fresh cherries, steams removed, halved and pitted
- In a medium bowl whisk together eggs, almond flour, whole wheat pastry flour, 1 tablespoon honey, vanilla extract and salt. Mix together until smooth. Cover and store in refrigerator for about 30 minutes
- In a small bowl mix together Greek yogurt and ¼ cup of honey. Hold in refrigerator.
- Heat a small non-stick pan with 1 teaspoon of coconut oil. Using a paper towel, smear the oil around the pan to coat it evenly and thinly. Keep the oily paper to re-oil the pan in between batches.
- When the pan is hot, pour ¼ cup of the batter into the pan and quickly swirl it around to thinly and evenly coat the bottom. Pour any excess back into the bowl of batter. Cook until the sides set, then flip and cook the other side. Continue this process for all of the batter.
- Once the crepe is cooked, place a small dollop of the Greek yogurt in the middle of the crepe. Fold it into triangles or roll. Continue for all crepes. Garnish with cherries and serve.